Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mexican Cession Territory

Hello Friends
I am Mary Smith, an abolitionist in the North and i am a wife and a mother. I proudly support the movement to get rid of slavery and I am completely against the South. They say they use slavery because it is part of their culture but slavery is just flat out cruel! I can never imagine being a slave, never mind my children being slaves and having to undergo the harsh punishments and living conditions! However, with the Mexican American war ending we gained the Mexican Cession. As a result we now need to figure out whether these territories are going to come into the United States as slave states or free states. If you ask me i think these states should come in as free and then we can begin to get rid of slavery once and for all, but this is difficult to do. This is difficult because there is the North and the South who display completely opposite views and because of people feeling so strongly about their specific views violence has been occurring. I wont go into the stories about violence, but let me tell you they are bloody to say the least! Thats all for now though i must go and take care of the kids but i will write again soon! (by the way below is a picture of the Mexican Cession terrioty that i am taking about)

No comments:

Post a Comment